Important Information for Parents/Carers
Return to School January 2021
Based on student and staff safety grounds, Mayfield school will be closed for all students on Monday 4th January and from 5th January to 8th January 2021, the only students in school will be those who have key worker parents and a small number of others we feel need to be in school for various reasons. We will be in touch with these parents by the end of the day on Monday to discuss arrangements. We will then aim to open again for other students between Monday 11th and Monday 18th January. Your child’s class team will be in touch on Monday to explain more and discuss home schooling.
This decision has not been taken lightly, but is in light of the closure of London Primary schools and the rising concerns / legal challenge that the Government strategy is not based on sound medical data, which has been raised by Teaching Unions over the last 48 hours. Staff will be available in school to be contacted by you if required from Monday 4th January.
Special School Nursing Service
Parents and Carers
For tips, advice, guides and resources to help keep your child safe online please follow this link → Safer Internet Centre
Please note that the council are working to ensure food vouchers or equivalent can be provided retrospectively to schools after the half-term break in support of Free School Meals.
Further support can be found here: Birmingham Children’s Partnership (locality contact details)
Welcome to the Mayfield School website
- At Mayfield School we will work with pride as a committed team to create a progressive, safe and child-centred educational community, which promotes respect, honesty and excellence in all areas.
- We will ensure that all opportunities are taken to challenge every child through a broad and balanced curriculum and give them the chance to learn, grow, be happy and receive the best possible inclusive education.
- All the passionate and enthusiastic staff will unite as a team with external professionals to cater and care for all individual needs.
- We will all communicate effectively with each other and our community, especially with parents / carers.
- We aim to transform lives, celebrate all our successes and respect the views of all people involved with the school.
- We all aim to consistently be the best we can be every single day and strive for outstanding results at all times.
As a school we have adopted the ethos that ‘Better Never Ends’ as we continuously strive to improve the experiences that our students and their parents have on a daily basis. Our aim is that this school will be outstanding in all areas and we will all continue to work tirelessly until this objective is achieved.